Vivint Wireles Internet

96redformula

2[H]4U
Anybody use or heard anything about the new service rolling out from vivint? They came today and he showed me a speedtest with it hitting 60Mb down / 40Mb up on the hub just a block away. I sent him away for 20 minutes and took some time to research but I am unable to find much at the moment. So I believe it is a fiber back bone and works by setting up "Hubs" which distribute to an area of a couple of blocks wirelessly to the home clients.

Its $50/month flat no taxes or fees extra. It is supposed to be 50Mb/month guaranteed but you have to sign a 2 year contract?

I declined him as the little bit I did find was very mixed.

Any thoughts/opinions or information you would care to add?

I assume you are in Utah or Texas? They are new to the game still and from last I heard had worked out a lot of the kinks off some extensive beta testing. The only thing that scared me away was the 2 year contract. PM me with any specifics and I'll talk to my neighbors using them for you. Some of them have been part of the alpha/beta first user waves and deal with the initial growing pains a few years back.

I use Vivint for my security and monitoring but opted to stick with Comcast for internet since I game and anything wireless for gaming scares me.

Yeah, let me know what your neighbors think. I mean its pretty simple, are they getting consistent speeds, and reliability?

I am in El Paso, TX by the way, far far away from the rest of Texas :p.

Back