Vista64 bit: screen goes blank when I drag

STEEL_BALL

Weaksauce
I have windows vista 64bit, and my screen flickers and goes blank at odd times. I have seen threads about a blank screen after booting up, but my system boots up fine. The most common time my screen goes blank is when I use my mouse and click and drag. It also goes blank when I am using Adobe premiere, and winrar. I have noticed though that a few times when it went blank while clicking and dragging that if I didnt let off of the mouse button and I continued to move the mouse then the screen would flicker and come back on sometimes. I am running an Intel Q9650, 8gigs of ram, and a 280gtx. I have installed all of the latest drivers and updates. Anybody have any suggestions?

thanks

may be new video drivers are not compatible or got some issue. try to roll back the drivers to old one.

may be new video drivers are not compatible or got some issue. try to roll back the drivers to old one.

I tried that already. I also tried different settings on power/screensaver settings. I have tried different display/appearance/performance setting. I also checked to make sure my videocard or system was not overheating.

Here's what I think it might be. Either your video card has a hardware issue or you need a new PSU because the one you have is not giving quite enough juice to your video card.

Back