Vista x64 + my printer

~th@fonz~

Limp Gawd
I guess i cant use my HP 1115 printer wich i just use for casual printing of documents, with Vista 64. the web site at HP says no drivers avalible and to go out and get a new printer :( .

Windows could not find a solution online .

Does any one know if there is a way to get Vista 64 to use some kind of generic driver to just print some basic documents ?

I ran into the same issue with an HP Photosmart, and there wasn't even a basic driver I could use.

I hate HP now, that they can't create Vista drivers for a 2yr old printer! WTF!

I'll never buy an HP printer again.

I have a nice new Canon photo printer, and their support drivers are much better than HP.

I don't remember which model Deskjet drivers I had to use, but I was able to get my wife's PhotoSmart 1315 running with Vista x64 on her PC. It's a moot point as of now, because we recently upgraded to a Photosmart 7160.

Mine works fine on Vista x64. I installed the HP Photosmart 7200 from Vista's built in drivers and it works fine.

Its funny because theres an 1100 series driver in Vista, and that dosent work ( for my 1115 photosmart )

That's because the 1100 series are actually laser printers. HP does that a lot.

HP really fell down on the job for Vista drivers. It seems any consumer printer older than 3 or 4 years old got screwed. I have the HP 1012 laserjet and there are no drivers for it either. I managed to get it working using the generic PCL 5 driver, but technically my printer isn't fully PCL so it does sometimes print an error page. fortunately it's not very often and just turning the printer off and on fixes it and allows me to print the doc that caused the error.

Back