Vista x64, Abit Airpace not working after fresh install

Hey all,

I have an Abit Airpace PCI-E x1 wifi adapter that isn't working with my new build. While there are documented problems with their drivers and Vista in general (there are a few forum posts on their site about this), I had the card working fine in Vista Business x64, and in Business x86 with the SP1 beta before that.

Last week, I did a fresh install with the SP1 final, and my card is no longer recognized by windows or the card's own utility (says "No Abit Airpace Wifi Adapter Found"). I've tried all 3 PCI-E slots, reinstalling the drivers, and searching online for better x64 drivers, all to no avail.

Any ideas? Has anyone [H] solved this?

It's strange problems like this with the Airpace that has prevented me from getting it for use with Vista x64. I, too, am wondering if anyone has a foolproof solution in getting the Airpace to work in situation such as this.

It's strange problems like this with the Airpace that has prevented me from getting it for use with Vista x64. I, too, am wondering if anyone has a foolproof solution in getting the Airpace to work in situation such as this.

The most annoying part is that it worked perfectly fine before. Now I'm stuck using a USB adapter, which is fine for torrenting but poor for gaming...

Maybe my PCI-E x1 slots are dead or something, but I know the card is getting power, it's lighting up.

Maybe I should go back to wired, it's been about 3 years since I've run a cable to my router.

Hey all,

I have an Abit Airpace PCI-E x1 wifi adapter that isn't working with my new build. While there are documented problems with their drivers and Vista in general (there are a few forum posts on their site about this), I had the card working fine in Vista Business x64, and in Business x86 with the SP1 beta before that.

Last week, I did a fresh install with the SP1 final, and my card is no longer recognized by windows or the card's own utility (says "No Abit Airpace Wifi Adapter Found"). I've tried all 3 PCI-E slots, reinstalling the drivers, and searching online for better x64 drivers, all to no avail.

Any ideas? Has anyone [H] solved this?

Uninstall SP1, install the airpace drivers then reinstall SP1. I had the same issue yesterday which took a few hours to figure out :).

Ah I didn't see your post until now. Another person verified this solution:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?p=939436

I'll have to try it next time I format, don't really want to yank out SP1...who knows what might break then :D

It went without a hitch for me, about 10 minutes to uninstall, couple of reboots, installed airpace driver, reinstalled SP1, few more reboots, about an hour for the whole operation roughly :)

I recently built a computer with an Airpace card running Windows Vista 64-bit with SP1. I could not uninstall SP1 since I bought the version with SP1 integrated, so I looked into some other methods.

It seems like pressing F8 while booting and choosing to allow unsigned drivers allowed me to install these drivers. The card seems to still work without going through the F8 menu each time I start my computer.

I recently built a computer with an Airpace card running Windows Vista 64-bit with SP1. I could not uninstall SP1 since I bought the version with SP1 integrated, so I looked into some other methods.

It seems like pressing F8 while booting and choosing to allow unsigned drivers allowed me to install these drivers. The card seems to still work without going through the F8 menu each time I start my computer.

Great, thanks for the alternative solution :)

Interesting if this did work for you, as I always boot with unsigned drivers allowed anyway and it still would not install. Not until I'd removed SP1 anyway.

Back