Vista x32 Freezing Problem w/o BSOD

rippy

n00b
I just put together a system and installed Vista x32 Home Premium a couple weeks ago. Ever since then, after about a day or two of flawless operation, the computer just freezes without a BSOD. This has been going on regularly since the install and I'm baffled. I have all the latest drivers and a updated BIOS. Once it freezes, the only way to use it again is a forced restart. I'm currently running:

ASUS M2N-E NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra
AND Althon 64 3800+ (Lima) 2.4GHz -- NO OC
GeForce 7900GT 256MB
2 GB Corsair
X-Fi Sound Blaster
D Link DWL-G510 Wireless adapter
450W Smart Power 2.0 PSU (came with Antex case)

I've looked around in the forums and saw that I might need a better PSU. Any other ideas on what might be wrong? Vista compatibility problem? Hardware?

Thanks

I just fixed a problem very similar to yours by disabling the 1394 port in the BIOS. I have an ASUS A8N-SLI maybe they still use the same chip or whatever for the 1394. Worth a shot. I also have the same PSU and many people were telling me that was the problem. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Good Luck
Mike

I've been looking around and it seems thats only a issue with Firewire which I don't have on my board. But maybe I'll try it anyway. I'm a bit of a noob... so how would i disable this...

Thanks

Back