Vista won't connect to wireless, but connects wired

Rambo

Limp Gawd
Someone I know just bought two new laptops, both using Vista (I dunno which versions). One laptop connects both wirelessly and wired with no problems. The other connects when wired but not wirelessly. It sees the SSID and says it has good connection, but it doesn't connect to it. He tried automatically obtaining IP address to no avail. He tried running it off battery power and A/C power. It has AVG free edition installed, so it shouldn't have any firewall junk to worry about. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!

Are both the laptops the same brand and model? Are they both using AVG?
Is there a password set on the wireless connection? Is Windows firewall enabled?

Are both the laptops the same brand and model? Are they both using AVG?
Is there a password set on the wireless connection? Is Windows firewall enabled?

They are different models, maybe even different brands, but I don't personally see why that's relevant, not being rude... Only the one is using AVG. It does have a password. I'm almost positive Windows firewall is on, on the one with AVG anyway, and probably the other one cuz these people aren't the most computer savvy and prolly don't even know what it is, much less how to turn it off lol.

Back