vista windows explorer wont start on startup

tryme25

n00b
i just upgraded from xp sp2 to vista ultimate and install went pretty good but when windows starts up "my documents" folder just pops up and nothing else no desktop and no taskbar from documents window i can activate windows explorer,does anyone know how to fix it so windows explorer starts up with startup?thx

Did you do an 'over the top' upgrade of your XP installation? If so then try booting into Safe mode, backing up any necessary data to another hard drive, and then starting over with a clean install of Vista. It sounds like your upgrade install is a horror story that's best forgotten rather than fixed.

If you upgraded with a clean install then did you have the system overclocked when you were installing? If so then set everything back to default speeds (especially RAM) and try again.

nope i never overclock but it sems that its just my windows explorer does not startup when i turn on pc.just "my documents folder"pops up and from there i can get into my settings to reach windows explorer.once i double click that everything pops up:/
there must be a way to add windows explorer to startup thx

Back