Vista - Windows Explorer closes on eject CD

balthan

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to go through a stack of umarked CDs I found in a box. Every time I eject a disc while Windows Explorer is focused on the CD, Vista closes Windows Explorer.

Does anyone know how to disable this behavior?

In a similar vein, anyone know how to stop Vista from automatically opening the drive tray if you click on an empy drive?

I'm trying to go through a stack of umarked CDs I found in a box. Every time I eject a disc while Windows Explorer is focused on the CD, Vista closes Windows Explorer.

Does anyone know how to disable this behavior?

In a similar vein, anyone know how to stop Vista from automatically opening the drive tray if you click on an empy drive?

Vista, by default, at least on all the machines I've used, does neither of those...

Did you install some third-party software of some sort?

This is a known issue on some boxes, actually. When I first started using Vista after RC2 came out, this behavior would happen when I ejected a CD/DVD from the drive and it was the focus in Explorer. Never did find a decent solution to it aside from changing the focus from the optical drive in Explorer to something else then ejecting the disc manually. It's very rare that I'll right-click eject a disc as the eject button on the drive itself is merely a simple movement of my arm away.

Back