• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Vista using multiple output devices?

Main Target

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
1,690
Can I made vista use both my onboard audio and USB Audio? I'm getting tired plugging in the USB dongle/switching plugs when i wanna listen to things on my speakers.

Any ideas?
 
Shouldn't be any problem, no. Many programs will also let you select which audio device they attempt to use, e.g. you could set Foobar to use your USB device but use your onboard as the default so games etc. would use it for speakers.
 
Many programs just use whats the default sound device when started (aka itunes). So if you want music on the speakers then set as default, open, play, then switch sound devices and play what you want.
 
Can I made vista use both my onboard audio and USB Audio? I'm getting tired plugging in the USB dongle/switching plugs when i wanna listen to things on my speakers.

Any ideas?

Should be no problem. I have my regular PC speakers hooked up to my computer for when I am listening and working on the computer, and also have it connected to my reciever via an optical cable for when I want to watch blu ray movies on my 32" TV that is connected via HDMI. I just disable the speakers and enable the SPDIF when I want to watch movies, and vice versa for the computer speakers..
 
Back
Top