Vista Ultimate or Vista Home Premium

flooberjobby

Limp Gawd
So whats the differences between the two 32bit? Also what is the differeence between the 64bit versions of them as well?

I am planning on using this OS on the Asus 2ZS WS motherboard, with dual e5420s OCed to 3.2ghz, on a 300 gig Raptor, starting out at 4 gigs of ram, and eventually around 8 or more. I will also be putting another 300 gig raptor in it eventually, and 2 4870X2s when they come out.

The system will be used for gaming, folding, rendering, and more.

So whats the differences between the two 32bit? Also what is the differeence between the 64bit versions of them as well?

I am planning on using this OS on the Asus 2ZS WS motherboard, with dual e5420s OCed to 3.2ghz, on a 300 gig Raptor, starting out at 4 gigs of ram, and eventually around 8 or more. I will also be putting another 300 gig raptor in it eventually, and 2 4870X2s when they come out.

The system will be used for gaming, folding, rendering, and more.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

For that ammount of ram, definately go vista64

Vista Ultimate has ultimate extras which are virtual screen savers. Like running water and such. I also believe that Ultimate is the only version that has backup software for the PC. The other versions you can back up files and such but one click back up with Ultimate.

Based on your proposed rig, you prefer throwing money at problems to actually finding solutions (or even reading provided links) anyhow, so Vista Ultimate would seem the obvious choice.

Based on your proposed rig, you prefer throwing money at problems to actually finding solutions (or even reading provided links) anyhow, so Vista Ultimate would seem the obvious choice.

Actually I don't like throwing money at problems, and I don't have enough just to throw it around to begin with.

I don't apreciate the smart ass remark. You could of just said to go to the link previously provided.

As far as I know with what the last person typed when they posted the link was the differences between 64bit and 32bit, and he said to go with 64 bit vista. He never said witch version of vista.

All I am trying to figure out is the benifits of going to Vista Ultimate over Vista Home Premium, because Vista Ultimate is almost $100 USD more than Home Premium.

Thank you. So I am going to go with Premium then. :)

Smart ass remarks rise up when you ask questions over and over again when someone already pointed you to Microsoft's site where you can compare Vista versions.

That is, you didn't read, and you don't know how to Google. Or Yahoo! Or MSN-it.

Smart ass remarks rise up when you ask questions over and over again when someone already pointed you to Microsoft's site where you can compare Vista versions.

That is, you didn't read, and you don't know how to Google. Or Yahoo! Or MSN-it.

I'm sorry I wanted to know if there was a performance difference or what people thaught of the differences and if there was any other differences than listed, i am really not interested getting into a flame war with some one that isn't capable to comprehend somthing this miniscule.

I was using Google, and Yaho, and MSN btw. But I'd rather hear it from an [H] user that is more credible.

But you are not [H] user, way to get stuck in the cube.

May be off topic, but will Ultimate provide an image backup the same as will Norton Ghost or Acronis?

I'm sorry I wanted to know if there was a performance difference or what people thaught of the differences and if there was any other differences than listed, i am really not interested getting into a flame war with some one that isn't capable to comprehend somthing this miniscule.

I was using Google, and Yaho, and MSN btw. But I'd rather hear it from an [H] user that is more credible.

But you are not [H] user, way to get stuck in the cube.
Your questions were:
You asked for the difference between the two, with not a mention of the performance difference. The link provided the answers you sought.

You must use Vista Business or Ulltimate to use dual processors and 64bit to use your memory.

Also If the 4870x2 is longer than 9.5 inches it probably will not fit in the top PCI-E slot. The 4 pin power is in the way. I couldn't get a 9800gtx in there unless I modified the fan shroud. So I returned it and bought a 4870 which just fits...

You must use Vista Business or Ulltimate to use dual processors and 64bit to use your memory.

Also If the 4870x2 is longer than 9.5 inches it probably will not fit in the top PCI-E slot. The 4 pin power is in the way. I couldn't get a 9800gtx in there unless I modified the fan shroud. So I returned it and bought a 4870 which just fits...

So your saying in order for the system to work with 2 CPUs/all 8 cores I need to use Vista business 64bit or Vista ultimate 64bit?

Btw thanks for brining the length thing to my attention I never really thaught about it with the motherboard, just mainly about it and the case. I heard though that the 4870X2 is supose to be the same length as the 3870X2 wich was featured on this motherboard when it came out, so I think I should be fine. But I will keep a close eye on it now that it has been braught up.

So your saying in order for the system to work with 2 CPUs/all 8 cores I need to use Vista business 64bit or Vista ultimate 64bit?

Btw thanks for brining the length thing to my attention I never really thaught about it with the motherboard, just mainly about it and the case. I heard though that the 4870X2 is supose to be the same length as the 3870X2 wich was featured on this motherboard when it came out, so I think I should be fine. But I will keep a close eye on it now that it has been braught up.

He is wrong, as the poster above you noted.

Back