Vista Ultimate does not wake up from sleep any more!! What have I done to cause this?

PIRATA!

n00b
Hi!
I have Vista Ultimate and just can't understand what I have done to cause it to not wake up from sleep any more.

I have installer Kaspersky Antu-Virus and last NVidia Drivers. I have made some Audigy2-ZS driver testing installing and uninstalling them some times, but not any other big things.

Is there a clear meaning of why Vista begins to not wake up from sleep any more?? Is there any famous software or driver or combination of something at which I could look for??

I am really getting mad here.....
I'll try uninstalling the Kaspersky Anti-Viru since it is the probable cause of problem of the "out of memory" message while copying large amount of files across partitions (look here for more infos).

Please let me know if you know something.
Thank you.

I updated my bios to a beta and lost the resume from sleep. Then went back to the old bios and it fixed it.

I have found and solved the problem!!!

I have restored to default the Power Option and now Vista wakes up again from spleep mode!

Now I would like to understand why touching that options, Vista doesn't wakes up any more.

I only created a personal power plan with both options "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to NEVER.

Is it the second NEVER that prevent Vista to wake up for sleep??

Thank you to all.

Did it wake up from sleep if you pressed the power button?
I know sometimes keystrokes and mouse movements do not wake a computer up and you have to press the power button to wake it up.

I always press the case power button. Never tried with other methods.

I thought that this was the only way to wake it up.....

Should it wake up even with keyboard and mouse??

I always press the case power button. Never tried with other methods.

I thought that this was the only way to wake it up.....

Should it wake up even with keyboard and mouse??

You can set it up to wake on a keyboard stroke, or mouse click (not movement), doing so requires a registry entry and often times setting a mobo jumper and/or a bios setting.

You can set it up to wake on a keyboard stroke, or mouse click (not movement), doing so requires a registry entry and often times setting a mobo jumper and/or a bios setting.

I'll try if its already setted to do so.
In case NOT, wel.... its the same for me. Thinking at it better, maybe its really better for me to wake up only with power button. ;)

Back