Vista Ultimate 64 - Show Stopper...

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
I had a blank second partition on my primary drive, so I decided to install Vista Ultimate x64 on it. The first partition has x86 on it.

Everything was fine. Dual-boot, MS Office, WinZip, etc...

Then I hit a show-stopper.

CheckPoint SecureClient. There is no X-64 version available. Hard to believe considering this is a corporate product. To me, at least.

I found a universal X-64 client from a company called NPC in Germany. It supposidly works with CheckPoint servers. However, they want $149 for a single copy of the client!

There is no way my company is going to reimburse me for this (Vista is not supported), so I can't pay that much.

Are there open-source or freeware universal VPN Clients for Vista X-64 ?

I got a call from a customer the other day about something similar - he has a vmware setup with XP in it so his VPN can work because "Vista fucking sucks and doesn't work with this standard VPN client" (His words, not mine)

Either way, good luck.

Actually, that's what I do to get around certain other Vista incompatibilities, except I use VPC 2007.

I got a call from a customer the other day about something similar - he has a vmware setup with XP in it so his VPN can work because "Vista fucking sucks and doesn't work with this standard VPN client" (His words, not mine)

Either way, good luck.

Back