vista stand by problems

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
seem like every time my computer goes into stand by my usb ports go out, and will not return. What to do?

Has standby worked previously(like in xp), or is this a new build?
If it's a new build, your motherboard may have a jumper regarding powering off usb when in standby, check the manual if this is the case. Also, in this case, it could be a bios power setting, if it's a new build.

i used it for windows xp use to work fine. But where in the bios to double check?

what would i have to set up in the bios for it to not turn off the usb ports? Or at least have them come back to power.

I bet you'll find it's a driver issue. List your system specs, that would help narrow down what device to look at.

K8V SE Deluxe mobo
2047 MB Ram
AMD 64 3400+
Windows Vista Business 64 bit

You could try deleting your sound drivers and using on board sound and see if that will fix the problem.. that's where I would start.

You could try deleting your sound drivers and using on board sound and see if that will fix the problem.. that's where I would start.
so you think its related to creative drivers, if thats the problem i rather not have stand by on and just wait for the new drivers

I think it could be a sound driver issue.. and your thinking is likely a bit more reasonable than mine.. I would hope that Creative will have updated drivers soon... I'm still using on board sound on my Vista machine... soooo, here's hoping.

I think it could be a sound driver issue.. and your thinking is likely a bit more reasonable than mine.. I would hope that Creative will have updated drivers soon... I'm still using on board sound on my Vista machine... soooo, here's hoping.

What would sound drivers have to do with the usb ports losing power and never getting power back though? Kinda don't understand that.

Back