vista SP1 service pack download possible?

Dr_Chanesaw

Limp Gawd
where can i download it ? i dont care if it's beta, i need it asap to get rid of an annoying vista glitch i'm having problems with..

If you have a 64 bit copy you can get it on windows updates, otherwise your stuck waiting as far as I know...

AMDbuilder

If you are a registered partner you can grab it off oem.microsoft.com

I downloaded it the other day for a friend.

Ow... I didn't know that! Pardon me I have some downloading to do...

AMDbuilder

Yea it is like 1.2 gigs or something but it has both the 32 and 64 bit versions on it. They have it as an img file.

is there any other way to download it? i dont mind to download more than a gig, i just really need it

The best way would be for someone to UPLOAD it so others can download from there.
OR just wait March 19th for official release!

If you sign up as a ms partner(which is free) you should be able to get to the oem site and download it yourself.

That link above is a TechNet link, which has a subscription fee. I'm pretty sure that's something different than the OEM website.

so march 19 is when it's going to be officially available for everybody to download?
less than 2 weeks.. i wish could get it now, but lets see if i could wait 2 weeks

Sign up as a microsoft OEM and you'll be able to get it, like was said above like 7 times, let me see if I can get the link...

ok:

http://oem.microsoft.com/ sign up, totally free, little weird getting all your info there though.

I just burned the image to a DVD rom. It creates 3 files

1 setup file
1 SP1 32bit file (Windows6.0-KB936330-X86) 434Mb
1 SP1 64bit file (Windows6.0-KB936330-X64) 726Mb

Congratulations! Your Partner Profile is now complete.
Hoff's Co Inc Ltd is now a Registered Member in the Microsoft Partner Program. You are the Primary Program Contact and Global Administrator for your account.

Haha, Thanks for the link.

1 SP1 32bit file (Windows6.0-KB936330-X86 434Mb

When unpacking, the .exe hangs at 50%, then gives this error:

An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

Error Code 0x8007000D

see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139

Another poster here at [H] is having the same problem in this thread:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1282680

I traced it back to a corrupt .cab file (the 434MB one) inside the Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe file which is causing the SP1 installation to fail.

I downloaded the image 3 times, and both times the same exact problem on both my desktop and my laptop. It appears the image is fried and Microsoft is leaving it up available to download. Real nice of them to have me download a 1.13GB file 3 times and it's corrupt on their end, but what can you expect from a multi-billion dollar company? :rolleyes:

Oh, and another thing...it seems the image file is not downloadable with through Firefox or IE7, the download will hang up every time. I used a download manager (Orbit Downloader) to get it both times.

If anyone comes up with a fix for this I'm all ears, but I'm still convinced something is wrong with the image file.

Maybe email them? since you're part of the program you should be able to get feedback from them through it.

I got my image there and it burned and installed just fine on my x64 system.

Maybe email them? since you're part of the program you should be able to get feedback from them through it.

I got my image there and it burned and installed just fine on my x64 system.

I figured the x64 version in the image was fine, that's just my luck. All 3 of my systems (2 desktops, 1 laptop) are 32-bit so I'm screwed until they fix it. I just sent them an email and asked them whats up with Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe and why it won't unpack correctly.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the 32bit version not workin, but it does say this on the dowload page:

Important In order to upgrade to Windows Vista SP1, you must use the new OEM Preinstallation Kit.

I found a workaround to my SP1 problem, although it requires access to a system that will install SP1 with no errors. All of my systems are x86. Here's the error and how I got around it:

When unpacking, the .exe hangs at 50%, then gives this error:

An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

Error Code 0x8007000D

see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139

I was having this error on 2 different systems (desktop and laptop) and found out that the SP1 installer would not unpack the main .cab file correctly, making it corrupt. However, on my 3rd system (a desktop) the installer unpacked perfectly so I took advantage of it.

When you run the SP1 installer, it creates 2 temporary directories on your system partition, one containing various smaller files, and the other containing only the .cab files. If you have access to a system that can install SP1 correctly, run the installer and when the 2 temporary folders are created copy & paste both folders to another location so you can access them later.

Inside the folder with the .cab files, there will be the main one with the name:

windows6.0-kb936330-X86.cab

If you right click on it and hit properties, it should be 445,745, 776 bytes (x86 version). If you have WinRAR, open it and hit the test button. It should test clean and say no errors found.

If that .cab file tests fine in WinRAR, copy those 2 temp directories to a CD-R and you can install SP1 on any machine without having to unpack the .exe and risk getting the corrupt .cab file which in turn will give you the 0x8007000D error.

Back