Vista SP1 and Audio CDs

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
I think audio CD playback is broken in SP1. Anytime I try to play an audio CD, I get an error message when trying to skip to Track 2. Tracks 2, 3, 4, and 5 have red Xs in front of them in WMP, and then Track 6 will play okay. This happens with store bought and burned discs. Playback worked perfectly fine with Vista plain, and then immediately after loading SP1, it's broken. I'lll post a screenshot in a little bit, but the message suggests turning on error correction. Has anyone seen this yet?

I found out how to enable Error Correction in WMP11, and that still didn't solve the problem.

That is strange. I just got sp1 earlier today on my Vista Home Premium 64 bit main box with 4GBs of ram. I checked wmp and played some cd's and I can not reproduce the problem you are seeing.

Maybe try down loading wmp 11 full install from Microsoft downloads and reinstall wmp 11. It could help fix anything that may have become corrupted.

I have 2 other Vista x64 boxes that have been updated to SP1, and neither of those boxes have this issue either.

Have you tried swapping optical drives or even cleaning the one that's causing you trouble?

Problem solved. I went back to using an Intel motherboard, and did a fresh install (again). Seems like an Nvidia related issue. My other two PCs with Intel chipsets and Vista SP1 had no issues.

Back