Vista renders poorly on high res displays

Hey gang

Anyone noticed how Vista renders slowly in Aero Glass mode on high res displays. I find that when running at 1,600 x 1,200 or more window movement, video playback etc etc - basically the apprent frame rate of the windows desktop rendering - is intermittently very choppy with Aero Glass switched on (actually, it's choppy about 95% of the time - if you change the res to something else and then change is back you sometimes get a short period of smooth rendring).

I've tried both Intel and AMD systems, and lots of high end video cards from ATI and NV and the problem is always the same. It's also the same on the three Vista builds I've tried including the latest 5308 build.

Anyone else experience this or know anything about it?

In my opinion, the gui performance in the 5308 build is far worse than it was in the December beta. It was smoother for me then.

And the crowd was chanting:

BETA, BETA, BETA, BETA

It'll take a while for the card manufacturer's and MS to get the code base streamlined from a performance standpoint since they've just added full functionality.

Yeah, there is a lot to be done yet. True, it is only a matter of months now till it is released, but those are the crucial months where everything falls into place.

Back