BIGDADDY51

2[H]4U
From the MS Vista website:
[1. ]Vista Basic $199 Retail full pkg $99 upgrade

[2]Vista Home $239 retail pkg $159 Upgrade
[3]Vista Business $$299 Retail Pkg $199 upgrade
[4]Vista Ultimate $399 Retail Pkg $259 Upgrade
[/list]

All I can say to that is unless you are getting the basic upgrade, grab your ankles....Microsoft is getting to give you the big one :p

gnome-3.jpg

I hope we see some decent OEM prices.

Even though these prices come from the Vista website, I simply won't believe I single price until it is on a retail website with the words 'add to cart' next to it ;)

Tweakin said:
I hope we see some decent OEM prices.

I don't believe MS will release OEM to general public. Who will purchase the retail when OEM has similar license agreement and half price?

Flyboat said:
I don't believe MS will release OEM to general public. Who will purchase the retail when OEM has similar license agreement and half price?
They don't release Windows XP OEM to the general public either, but you can still get em online. I assume (hope) vista will be the same??

I don't really care though... I'm getting Vista Ultimate for $220, included is a 775 mobo and e6300 :D

whats the difference between the basic and ultimate versions to warrant such a price increase?

LostInRehab said:
I don't know for sure if vista will be OEM but I do know that this offer here made me jump on it.

I think that offer is sketchy at best, Microsoft says the upgrade coupon is only good when you purchase a new Vista ready machine from a vendor. Doesn't seem to be a guaranteed deal Newegg is offering.

Since it is most likely Technet subscriptions will get Vista Ultimate instead of buying Vista Ultimate retail for my home computers I'll just get a seperate Technet Direct subscription for my Wife and myself. Hey it saves a total of $100. Besides I need some additional software for test servers, etc. I love Technet :D

-Sean Casey said:
Since it is most likely Technet subscriptions will get Vista Ultimate instead of buying Vista Ultimate retail for my home computers I'll just get a seperate Technet Direct subscription for my Wife and myself. Hey it saves a total of $100. Besides I need some additional software for test servers, etc. I love Technet :D

That's a Damn good idea right there

I guess there's also a shot to win Ultimate at the Ready To Rock Microsoft show. in Boston area on Nov28th. Wish I could go :(

Flyboat said:

The same could be said for XP. I have not heard any official word that there won't be OEM product for purchase with computer hardware for custom builders just like XP. Has anyone else?

Yanks2435 said:
Is there any info on this? Boston is really close (20 minutes), I can go check it out if you don't need any special pass or invitation to go.

Edit: I guess this is it: http://www.intelmicrosoftr2r.com/showcase/index.asp?sp=IMR06_Showcase_Venue+@ModuleID=6425
It's $20 for the whole day, and they recommend you buy your ticket online early. There's gonna be a ton of vendors there incl;uding MSI. I'm a registered small systems builder, not sure if its open to the GP. I'm about an hour away. I imagine it will be very informative.

BIGDADDY51 said:
It's $20 for the whole day, and they recommend you buy your ticket online early. There's gonna be a ton of vendors there incl;uding MSI. I'm a registered small systems builder, not sure if its open to the GP. I'm about an hour away. I imagine it will be very informative.

Hm, do you think you can find out? I have a friend that works at Intel, so maybe I could get some information from him. It looks like it will be a good time, hope I can go :D

Yanks2435 said:
Hm, do you think you can find out? I have a friend that works at Intel, so maybe I could get some information from him. It looks like it will be a good time, hope I can go :D
Since its an Intel/Microsoft thing ,he might even have tickets for free. He could always say you work for him.

Back