Vista/Photoshop/Tablet Issue! help.

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
No idea where to put this so it's in here.

Photoshop freezes, Black screen flash, BSOD flash, reboots

It appears to be happening with my tablet in Photoshop.

Photoshop either freezes, crashes or the screen just flashes up a BSOD, in milliseconds so i have NO chance of reading it, and then the PC reboots. Any one know a way of finding what that BSOD says that would help.

I ran a virus check, nothing, i ran spybot and cleaned all the crap it found. Did it again.

So i un-installed my tablet drivers, and re-installed them from Wacom's site.

Same thing happens with ym tablet, yet if i use my MOUSE to paint with it's fine, i go to use the tablet and it does it again, my tablet/vista/drivers have an issue and i need help.

Seriously Vista is a bitch, might get SP1 and see if that fixes any of the problems i get, if not ill send a e-mail to M$ tell em to get their fingers out from where the sun don't shine and sort it out :p I payed good hard cash for this and it's, useless.

Go to your System Properties, then to Startup And Recovery. Disable automatic reboots, and then when you BSoD, you'll get some info to look up. That should lead to your solution.

SOLVED

Problem solved, someone over at Wacom suggested a plug-in, low and behold photoshop crashed but the PC didnt restart, i went into the event viewer as pointed out by a few other forums to see that one of the Multi-core plug-ins was doing it, removed that, it's all fine so far.

So it appears Photoshop could have issues with Quad cores if that particular plug-in is enabled =|

Back