mentok1982
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2004
- Messages
- 4,385
Hello. Here is what I am looking to do. My current PC has a 60GB IDE drive that contains
Windows XP and all my program installs, and a 250GB Sata hard drive that contains all my
music, videos, porn and other stuff. The 60GB is going to remain inside that computer but the
250GB Sata drive will be my one and only hard drive for my next PC.
The 250GB drive has a 16GB partition for my music and the rest (230ish gb) is for everything
else. My question is, do I make the new partition for Vista (probably 50GB) using Windows XP
before I remove the hard drive from my old PC, or can I install the hard drive as is into the new
system and tell Vista to make a partition for itself? I would like the data on the 250GB drive to
remain intact of course. I want to leave the music partition at 16GB and decrease the 230GB
partition to 180GB to make room for the Vista OS partition.
Windows XP and all my program installs, and a 250GB Sata hard drive that contains all my
music, videos, porn and other stuff. The 60GB is going to remain inside that computer but the
250GB Sata drive will be my one and only hard drive for my next PC.
The 250GB drive has a 16GB partition for my music and the rest (230ish gb) is for everything
else. My question is, do I make the new partition for Vista (probably 50GB) using Windows XP
before I remove the hard drive from my old PC, or can I install the hard drive as is into the new
system and tell Vista to make a partition for itself? I would like the data on the 250GB drive to
remain intact of course. I want to leave the music partition at 16GB and decrease the 230GB
partition to 180GB to make room for the Vista OS partition.