vista odd color need help

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
why does the window where i view my pictures have a shitty yellow color?
weird.jpg

Vista misidentified your monitor and loaded the wrong monitor driver. I promise you. I've dealt with this like 10 times on irc with various other people already. This is especially bad with samsung monitors.

1) hit the monitor site and get the driver you KNOW is right and load it
2) disable automatic installation of updates from windows update, or itll possibly just download and install the incorrect one again.
3) now that I solved your problem you have to pat yourself on the head and rub your stomach at once

well I have a samsung 205BW, I'm using digital output and I downloaded the driver from their site and its still giving me that coloring.

Vista also downloaded this when i first got the monitor yesterday.

Samsung - Other Hardware - SyncMaster 205BW/204BW, SyncMaster Magic CX203BW/CX205BW(Digital)

Installation date: ‎4/‎5/‎2007 4:56 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Samsung Other Hardware sofware update released in January, 2007

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031463

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

yes thats the one i used and i installed the digital one. I'll try to reboot now and update you.

yes thats the one i used and i installed the digital one. I'll try to reboot now and update you.

I dont know what to tell you other than I had this exact problem, and I've successfully helped at least 10 other people in #vista on efnet with it. Its an incorrect monitor driver. I've even helped people with your exact monitor. I would try the sequence again, check the driver properties, make sure you arent leaving anything out.

anyway to remove the drivers and start all over? Also that update that vista downloaded is that screwing me up at all? anyway to remove thaT?

anyway to remove the drivers and start all over? Also that update that vista downloaded is that screwing me up at all? anyway to remove thaT?

I'd uninstall the current driver, reboot, and then run the new installer. AFAIK theres no way to remove things from the downloaded updates list (which is really annoying). You just have to be vigilant and not install things you know to be wrong. Let them sit there.

Back