Vista + NV without monitors

bassman

[H]ard|Gawd
I read a post on the NV forums about enabling monitor-less cards under Vista.

link

tmurray said:
Here's the secret sauce for enabling CUDA on non-display cards in Vista or Server 2008 using 18x.xx drivers. It's what the PhysX control panel does for one card (sort of, I think this is more thorough and also makes the card show up as no timeout enabled? but you still need to disable the TDR timeout to make that work correctly, I think):

- In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\(GPU ID)\0000 (you might also have to hit 0001 on a D870 or Plex D2)
- add the following two DWORDs and set them to 1:

DisplayLessPolicy
LimitVideoPresentSources

- reboot.

I don't know of a good way to look up GPU IDs, so look at the name entries in each to figure out what you should be touching.
I don't have this issue because I had monitors hooked up to my folding cards. Maybe the info will help some of you.

That'll be nice when I get my second 260 back from RMA, I didn't like having to use the secondary input because I only really have one monitor.

I only have one box that is using Vista and I have dummy plugs on it. It would be nice to get rid of the dummy plugs as they can be a bit of a hazard as they stick out quit a bit :D

and I just mass produced dummies lol , I just made like 10-12

all i needed was to add limitvideopresentsources to the second gpu key as a binary and add the string "01 00 00 00" to get my second gtx 295 to be seen.

I may have to try this tomorrow when I have timr

I'm wondering if we could get something like this to work with ATi cards, I have a crossfire machine under vista that I'd like to run headless. :D

Back