Vista not showing video card or anything about one in Device Manager?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Up and running vista now, Tried to install the nvidia x86 beta vista drivers(for 32 bit) and it says its the wrong OS. So i go into device manager figuring i could do a manual install but there is nothing related to video cards in there at all, not even standard vga adapter, I unplugged the card and put it back in and still the same :(

X2 4400+ @ 2.6
G.Skill 2x512
MSI 6600GT
WD 7200 160
Creative Sounblaster audigy
Asrock dual sata 939

The first initial boot up i was happy, vista detected and gave me a 1440x900 res on my widescreen 19", ever since the next boot I have had problems as described above

I just had a brainstorm!!...

I think ive found the problem maybe but havent solved and dont think i will be able to. I installed the ULI intergrated drivers thinking it would be alright. Everything seems to be working fine except the install of the nvidia drivers, Vista did recognize my card and gave the correct resolution of 1440x900 at boot but i installed the uli drivers right away pretty much and rebooted, Ever since then then i have been stuck. I tried uninstalling the uli drivers but the problem still exist.

Im probably going to have to reinstall and install only the lan drivers hopefully this time at a minimum.

Back