Vista not reading CD-R's

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
Getting the following error when i try to put CD-R's my drive to burn data onto them.
Operating system is Vista 64 bit.

error.jpg

It sometimes doesn't read games and what not too, although I may have fixed this in registry earlier.

First, I'd start using a real website to host you pictures, instead of some public junk....but that's off topic.

What kind of burning software / drive emulation software do you have installed, if any?

Just Nero Burning Rom but I don't even use it. I was just burning data/mp3's so was just going to drag and drop, unless you can't do this in vista.

I've always had trouble burning data and files using the built-in burning apps in XP and Vista. It may be possible that the discs just weren't closed, and need the sessions closed before they can be read, which Nero can do. If you don't want to use Nero, get one of the free burning suites to handle your burning needs.

Never had a problem with doing it in XP.

Any recommendations for free burning suites?

Can't see the image so I must ask, could the drive be going bad?

Why can't you see the picture? I can even see it at work.

Anyway, I doubt the drive is going bad it's only 2 months old.

The picture isn't loading. I would find a better webhost than that, if you want others to see it. I also don't have any content filtering or blocking going on for my work network.

Also, just because a drive is only two months old, doesn't mean it couldn't be dying. I would first try one of the free apps, which are very easy to search for. BurnAware works well for me.

Back