Vista Media Player error pop up when closed

ChrisUK

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am running Vista 64bit and have noticed that if I open MS Media Player and then go to close it using the "X" at the top right of the window I receive an error message popup.

The error says "Windows Media Player has stopped working" and underneath it says "A problem caused thew program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Huh? Of course its stopped working I just closed it! Do i need this message to keep telling me?

I was just wondering if anyone else receives this message and if so is there a fix? I am running a genuine version of Vista 64bit.

Thanks

Ok, well I have now got it sorted.

Another thing which wasnt working properly was Internet Explorer (X86), just kept on coming up with cant connect / page errors and has to close. Internet Explorer 64bit was running fine though.

Anyway, in order to fix it I did a System Restore to yesterday. I have since loaded the few apps that brings me back to where I was and all is looking good.

The only program I havent loaded which may have caused the problems is Grabit v1.62b
So, we'll have to see if thats the prob

Cheers

Back