Vista is working but--------OH the pain.

crewzen

Gawd
:eek: Vista x64 Ultimate retail.

Well I am in the throughs of so many Vista problems I don't know where or what to do next. I'm not looking for help right now but was wondering if there is anyone else with all these problems beside me.

Ok will not go down the list yet but I have

710 Error messages.
460 Warning Messages.
11,499 Corrupted Installation messages.

Yes this is a new install with, x1950 ATI, 2 xeon quad core cpu's, 8-HD's, Roxio creator 9, Nero 7.6 Ultra, MS office, Thomas Register, Libronix Digital Lib system, iTunes, Mech. Desktop 6, BF2, Supreme Commander.

Now with these few programs I have all this trouble.

Is this common with Vista??????????????
Is anyone else in the same boat????????

Do you think they will ever get this straightened out??????

ATI not a problem
Mechanical Desktop not a problem
Nero not a problem
Creator 9 not a problem
SCSI raid not a problem
iTunes not a problem
Digital Lib. not a problem
office not a problem

it almost looks like MS itself is the problem with IE7 and the Mail program? Don't know for shure yet tho.

Some of the problem looks like Intel 5000X chipset drivers. I keep getting error

Intel 5000 seres chipset error reporting registers- 25f0

Do you think they will ever get this straightened out??????

Uhmmm... here we go again.

It's common knowledge (well around here it is, at least it seems like it is, hell I know it) that iTunes doesn't work with Vista yet - and yet is going to be THE key word here in your efforts. Some stuff doesn't work yet but that does not mean it's Vista's fault.

You're also running the 64 bit version of Vista, it seems, and that in and of itself can lead to "issues" with some items that aren't compatible with Vista - that's another important point where stuff isn't ready for Vista yet and not the other way around. That's a very important distinction that many people simply fail to grasp. The question isn't what does Vista work with, the question is what works with Vista.

Also, several of those apps are VERY picky and highly proprietary stuff from my experience and knowledge, so again, it's a question of them working with Vista - contact the manufacturer and find out when updates for true Vista compatibility will be issued - if they ever do, which is the downside especially for those people running 64 bit versions of Vista... just like you.

And if I can ask, where'd all that "error" info come from? I know there's a tool that keeps track of stuff in Vista, just can't remember off the top of my head.

Roxio and Nero, eh... that's an interesting combo. :p

I don't get it.

Everyone seems to be having all of these issues with iTunes, and yet, for me, since the early beta's, iTunes has been fine. I have seen others here that have shared my experience as well, and in fact there is a thread around here somewhere (I'm not going to search for it) full of people sharing their experiences with iTunes and Vista.. and the one consistent in that thread was the use of auto-sync. This is just my opinion, but auto-sync is stupid to begin with and should not be used, but apparently it is the source of many iTunes related issues.. so turn it off, or use a different application...But don't blame Vista for not working flawlessly with an application written by Apple, that just doesn't make any sense at all........

Well itunes is working great and it is not one of the problems. But here is one of the minor little non critical problems. This is the info Vista gives you. Not enough to figure anything out. But here it is.

Product
Non-critical Event

Problem
Non-critical Event in Host Process for Windows Services

Date
4/2/2007 1:10 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
This event collects Windows Problem Reporting information to help Microsoft create solutions to non-critical problems (problems that do not cause programs, services, or components to stop working).

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: WinShipAssert
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549B5F5
Event ID: 55298
Event Parameters: 1507857
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 27072088

The 7.3 patch from ATI oops AMD solved 22 of my driver problems.

Intel 5000 seres chipset error reporting registers- 25f0 This is the latest Intel 5000x update and it still will not work correctly.

I blame a lot of Vista's problems on the end user. mind you this is not 100%, but a lot. 2 things people must know. a lot software and drivers needs to be compatible with Vista and if you are running x64bit some software has to be compatible with it as well.

running Vista 32 and having a wonderful time, wish you were here!

I never said Vist x64 isn't working, it is but___________ is what I said.:eek:

This is not a bitch post but a are you having this problem post and maybe someone has a solution to the problems which I have. Since this is a specific type of computer which not everyone has I am looking for someone that may have the same mobo X7DA8 with xeon processors and SCSI RAID.

You would think that Supermicro which makes servers and workstations for Vista would have the correct drivers???????? But they don't.:mad:

Vista has been okay for me, except for a few issues:

Itunes: AKA "We're not going to update this so Apple can badmouth Vista HAHAHA"

Damn thing corrupted my music collection, had to restore backups. In fact, digital here was a replier to my post. For some reason, the problem went away after reinstalling.

Then last night, Vista BSODed on start-up. Cause turned out to be my iPod. Unplugged it during startupa nd all went well.

So I'm working on a term project, and I save and decide to shut off. I got and talk on the phone for a bit. I come back, Vista is out, but hte PC's running. Solved it by updating mobo drivers (Of all things.)

My friend's Vista installation destroyed his hard drive. I say it was a manufacturing defect, he says it's Vista. Suprisingly, he's going to actually pay for Vista now.

So there you go. Your mileage may vary.

Back