Vista install error, are there any solutions ?

The-One

Gawd
Helpme.png

and if I boot from the DVD, it just freezes after bringing up the mouse cursor on the screen.

Are there known problems with vista and DVD-ROMS or something ?

Durring the Beta tests, there were guys that had problems with certain DVD drives, If you have another drive, try that. Make sure the disc is perfectly clean, even a smudged fingerprint can give you install problems.

is it a legit cd? cause that could be a problem. a buddy dled one and it did that and it was because the file was damaged

is it a legit cd? cause that could be a problem. a buddy dled one and it did that and it was because the file was damaged

yah I know a guy with the same thing happening at that exact spot... then he downloaded another one and it worked

I would never download anything illegal guys.

But,
What is the safest prog to burn an image with ?

I've tried a few so far.

But this a legit disc I have here, by the disc no way.

:D

when m2 started beta testing it said to burn the images at x2 speed. because most dvd writers arnt realiable higher than that. or thats what they said anyway.

Nero 7 express did an excellent job of making Vista beta discs. I burned quite a few and every one worked.

Nero 7 express did an excellent job of making Vista beta discs. I burned quite a few and every one worked.

what speed did you burn the discs at ?

and thanks for the input guys

But I'm starting think it's my DVD-Burner.
I had an installation get done copying all the files now and then say it couldn't set the computer up to properly restart, and to try the installation again.
I was like yes, new errors that I never seen before are cool. #$%*&&

I'd try burning it again. It might just be a scratch on the disk that is barely visible and the DVD-Rom simply can't read it.

MSDN and TechNet both have MD5 sums posted, be sure to verify the ISO's checksum with the MD5 checksum posted. The first time I downloaded it the MD5 sums did not match. Downloaded a 2nd time, and it was good to go.

As for burning speed? Honestly I burned at 16X every time, and the disc worked no problem in a 12X DVD-ROM, the one computer I have that doesn't have a DVD-RW.

what speed did you burn the discs at ?

and thanks for the input guys

But I'm starting think it's my DVD-Burner.
I had an installation get done copying all the files now and then say it couldn't set the computer up to properly restart, and to try the installation again.
I was like yes, new errors that I never seen before are cool. #$%*&&

When buring install iso images it is always recommended to do this at thier slowest speed they can do (that nero will allow). Also if using nero, check the box that says no multisession, also while it is burning check the box "verify"

I burned at 2x now using alcohol and it went farther but ended here now.

Blah.png

This is fun. I went through 5 DVD's now.

Back