Vista home premium 64bit question

frostybrew

Limp Gawd
Hello

I just last week installed vista home premium DVD (upgrade) 32bit, so far no problems and is running well, I went ahead a purchased the 64bit DVD disk from Microsoft and received it the mail this morning. I'm wondering can I go ahead and install the 64bit version over the 32bit (I've already activated vista when I installed the 32bit version).

Thanks

Nope. It'll require a clean install. (That's a Custom install for upgrade media)

64-bit won't install over your 32-bit installation as an upgrade. You can bung it on the same partition though, and it'll clean things up.

How long did it take you to recieve the 64bit disc in the mail? I ordered mine a day after launch, and it still isnt here :(

"How long did it take you to recieve the 64bit disc in the mail? I ordered mine a day after launch, and it still isnt here"

I ordered my disk last wed and just received it this morning.

How long did it take you to recieve the 64bit disc in the mail? I ordered mine a day after launch, and it still isnt here :(

I ordered mine on Saturday and got it yesterday. I did pay the $6 for the DHL shipping though.

Should i buy the 64bit version just because.... what is it like $10?

i think even when i build a new system ill still run 32bit unless 64 bit drives get better

Interesting, so you can just buy a 64bit upgrade DVD from Microsoft. Will my normal Home-Premium key work with it? My school bookstore only had the 32bit version, of course. It was a good deal though. $80 for the home premium upgrade edition. I suppose I could deal with installing XP via N-lite again if that's what it would take to get the 64bit version going.

EDIT: Yup. You can just purchase a 64bit disc from them.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/64bit.mspx

That's the site. It costs $10. I know this is old news for most people, but this might be helpful to people who are just getting Vista.

Back