Vista for free again!!!! + serial!!

interesting tidbit, see full tect below

Error
Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Windows Vista Customer Preview Program.

You have received the maximum number of Product Keys available for this program.
Note: Windows Vista RC1 can be installed and activated on up to 10 PCs with one Product Key.

Terms of Use |Privacy
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

i dont game or anything like that....
will i be able to use vista as my everyday main OS?or will i be tortured by errors and sluggish performance when listening to music,web surfing,etc.
i want to make sure before i use vista as my main OS

spyder_flex97 said:
i dont game or anything like that....
will i be able to use vista as my everyday main OS?or will i be tortured by errors and sluggish performance when listening to music,web surfing,etc.
i want to make sure before i use vista as my main OS

Its a release candidate = beta software that you can download and try. You can get a time limited key for this release candidate. Performance might not be what you as it is a beta release. Some of you guys act like you've been living under a rock.

If you arent a fan of being a beta tester and experiencing crashes - don't touch it.

Just curious, but are you given the option to back up your files before RC1 expires? There should probably be a warning box about how many days you have before the expiration of the OS right? and are you bascially screwed if you didn't back your files up before it expires?

Where are people getting vista drivers from? I'm trying to install drivers from a dell cd, but it won't recognize the OS or something.

dnottis said:
Its a release candidate = beta software that you can download and try. You can get a time limited key for this release candidate. Performance might not be what you as it is a beta release. Some of you guys act like you've been living under a rock.

If you arent a fan of being a beta tester and experiencing crashes - don't touch it.

Dont know why you think that, RC1 is smooth as silk for me and many people. It runs better then any pre-rc1 build and runs smoother then xp. I and many many people use it now as our main OS with 0 problems.

So yes spyder you could use this as your main OS if you want.

Kingpin said:
Dont know why you think that, RC1 is smooth as silk for me and many people. It runs better then any pre-rc1 build and runs smoother then xp. I and many many people use it now as our main OS with 0 problems.

Because people are trying to download and install RC1, and trying to keep it forever becuase they think its free. They will get a nasty surprise come July, 2007.

Kingpin said:

The next poster understood. I have no problems with most stuff - some apps dont work right. It's not a "FREE" OS - it's a beta OS that will expire. People are acting like this is a FREE copy of XP or something - stop expecting too much from it and, yes, it will expire.

InorganicMatter said:
Because people are trying to download and install RC1, and trying to keep it forever becuase they think its free. They will get a nasty surprise come July, 2007.

Well yes I understand that, I plan on buying it as soon as its out

dnottis said:
The next poster understood. I have no problems with most stuff - some apps dont work right. It's not a "FREE" OS - it's a beta OS that will expire. People are acting like this is a FREE copy of XP or something - stop expecting too much from it and, yes, it will expire.

Where in my post do you guys get the "free for life" crap? I never even hinted at anything like that. If you go with this OS, then yes expect to pay out no later then June 07 to stay on it or else go back to XP. Most people know this and expect this, if they dont well thats their problem. But none of this takes away from the fact that its a solid OS for what it is. No one here is expecting to much from it either. Stop trying to read between the lines when there is nothing to read. :rolleyes:

I have yet to find one program that wont install and run on vista for me.

I <3 Op ... Ive been trying to get a copy of this that works for a while now..

And when It gave me my key, I hit back and it gave me another.. Tried for a third but then it said thats the max allowed keys.. but im content.. :)

Anyone wanna buy a key :-P J/K
-Evil Juggalo

Vista is now open to the public. Supposedly they're looking to give out up to 5 million product keys and copies of RC1.

This makes a lot of sense. Few people would want to jump onto the bandwagon and try an OS they've never seen before. A lot of people would wait until they fixed out the bugs. Releasing Vista RC1 for a couple of months of use is a pretty good strategy and if I like what I see I might pick up a copy or three by the time RC1 expires.

I already tried a beta and didn't like it, it is a lot like a rip-off of OSX.

vbrtrmn said:
I already tried a beta and didn't like it, it is a lot like a rip-off of OSX.

there have already been a few threads of crap about this subject...please dont bring it in here.

Before I install.. all I wanna know...

Will it play Half-Life on STEAM..
Running on an HP DV8000t, 2.0ghz CoreDuo, 2gb DDR2, dual 100gb SATA..

please say yes...

-Evil Juggalo

anyone running this on a gigabyte DS-3? I'm not sure if it's because there are no vista chipset drivers, but for some reason, my optical drives aren't detected in Vista, but they're fine in XP.

CrazyJ said:
should I download the 32 bit or 64 bit?
yes, both. although support for the 64 version sucks......

P.S. I can use my serial from the last beta right? I tried gettting the RC1 serial and it said i already downloaded it and it was good for up to 10 pcs.

Evil Juggalo said:
Before I install.. all I wanna know...

Will it play Half-Life on STEAM..
Running on an HP DV8000t, 2.0ghz CoreDuo, 2gb DDR2, dual 100gb SATA..

please say yes...

-Evil Juggalo

YES....maybe :D

Here something Cool.. You can just order the DVDs :)
I bought 2.. yeah, it cost me like 8$, but who cares

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

I apologize for any delay in our response to your issue. Due to an increase in requests, our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience.

I understand from your message that you wish to obtain Windows Vista CD. I realize your concern.

There are two ways to obtain Windows Vista RC1 Operating System:

1. Order the DVD kit and have it shipped to your home or office
2. Download the ISO file to your PC (An ISO file is an exact representation of a CD or DVD, including the content and the logical format. Once you download the ISO file, you will need to burn it onto a DVD before you can install the software).

Please visit the following link to download Windows Vista RC1 or order a DVD kit:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Levi, I hope the above information is helpful.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

Pravin

Microsoft Online Customer Service Representative

How are you supposed to get the key?

I signed up for it following the instructions, and I kept following the email confirmation links then eventually i got this message:

You have already verified this e-mail address.
Our records indicate that you have already verified this e-mail address successfully. You are ready to receive the information you have requested from Microsoft. Thank you.

But i haven't gotten a CD key yet. I tried this on another email address and got the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a cd key i can try (PM please)? Since its beta and free, i dont think it would be a problem.

Back