Vista - folder access denied

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
I previously have only toyed with Vista, but took the plunge recently.

I have an aggrivation:
I downloaded a file to my desktop, and now I'm ready to delete it. Problem is, it keeps telling me that I need permission, and the destination folder access is denied. How can I be denied access to the recycle bin? Is this something I can deal with through Local Group Policy, and if so, is it similar to XP's? I assume I might have to log in as the true administer?

happens to me often. I have no special policy's set up, and am an admin. Only fix for me is if I restart the pc. I can then delete it no problem. I am sure there is a better way to do it, but thats what works for mne.

Reboot or boot into safe mode. Sucks though, would be nice if they would fix that.

Did you change the folder permission check the properties on it. Safe mode should work too

There is no folder. It's the recycle bin....and I checked the file, my permissions are full. I'll try after a re-start.

I saw these issues for a while on the first bootup (pre-updates / patches). After I installed everything Microsoft had to throw at it from their 'Windows Updates' site - this particular issue "resolved itself..."

Andrew D.
www.cdnav.com

I was able to delete it after a restart.:rolleyes:
I saw these issues for a while on the first bootup (pre-updates / patches). After I installed everything Microsoft had to throw at it from their 'Windows Updates' site - this particular issue "resolved itself..."
Just so you know, I have all the available updates.

Back