vista - extended desktop will not UN-EXTEND through hdmi?

the lone gunman

Limp Gawd
ok, just pluged my acer notebook into my HDTV for the 1st time, via the HDMI port. and it displayed my desktop perfectly (with sound).
However i wanted to browse the net whilst another person watches the BBC iPlayer, so i extended my desktop to the second monitor (the HDTV) all went well, i draged the iPlayer window to the second monitor (the HDTV) then opened a second window to browse the net in my laptop monitor.

however now i cant get my (HDTV) to display my desktop anymore? i went to disply settings UN-checked the ''extend to to second monitor'' option but still the HDTV monitor displays the extended desktop? basicaly - just my wallpaper not taskbar ect...

i tryed:
unchecking ''extend to to second monitor'' option
unpluging the HDMI cable, then restarting windows
tuning off the HDTV and doing combinations of the above

am i missing something here?

specs:

acer: 4gb ram, 320gb hdd, 16'' lcd 1366x768, p7450, 9600GT

HDTV: LG, 1366x768

By "desktop", do you mean the taskbar? The taskbar is displayed on the Primary Monitor; in the Display Settings, right-click on the Monitor representing the TV and choose "make this my primary monitor".

By "desktop", do you mean the taskbar? The taskbar is displayed on the Primary Monitor; in the Display Settings, right-click on the Monitor representing the TV and choose "make this my primary monitor".

well i dont want my TV to be my primary monitor, all i want to do is make my tv display a ''clone'' of the desktop i can see on my laptop screen. right now all my TV is doing is showing an exstention of my laptops desktop. this was good for the job i needed at the time, but now i just want to revert back to how it originaly was.

Back