Vista: Disable video thumbnails

aye29

Weaksauce
Is there a way to disable loading of video thumbnails like there was in XP? It preventing me from moving/renaming/deleting videos while it loads the thumbnails. I know there is an option to disable all thumbnails and just show the icons but that is too general for me. I just want to get rid of video thumbnails.

Maybe switch the view to Detailed or something other than it's current setting?
I'm pretty sure theres a way to disable the thumbnails, but I'm not with my Vista PC right now :(

Trying looking in Folder Options.

I am in detailed view but Vista still loads thumbnails. I can tell because a Haali Media icon appears in the system tray. I've looked in Folder Options and there is an option to disable thumbnails but that option disables all thumbnails, not just for video.

You can disable all thumbnails in the folder options dialog from any Explorer window. Select the option always show icons, never thumbnails on the view tab.

Like I said in my previous two posts, I know I can disable all thumbnails but I only want to disable video thumbnails. Image and document thumbnails don't bother me because they load quickly and can be useful.

Like I said in my previous two posts, I know I can disable all thumbnails but I only want to disable video thumbnails. Image and document thumbnails don't bother me because they load quickly and can be useful.

Hello, your issue makes me think a codec is broke, since I can ren/del/move videos instantly when I open a folder, even if I am quick enough to get to them before all the thumbnails are created, since vista only does this for the few you can see. Disabling splitter.ax with something I think was called reg???32.exe /u fixed some thumbnail crash issues for me. Can't remember the command and I no longer have it saved.

Back