Vista Cursor Problems

msg1285

Limp Gawd
Has anybody had problems with the cursor just vanishing while loading a game in Vista. Any time I load a 3D app the cursor is gone. I've tried Vista on three different machines and tried every driver I could I find but as soon as I load the game my cursor is toast. I had the same problem with 7600gt and a 8800gts so I'm guessing it's an Nvidia problem .

Anybody have a fix that has worked.

Ummm... never had the issue to be honest. Are you running a custom driver for the mouse by chance? A logitech driver or other brand? I'm still using the basic drivers that ms loaded automatically.

I have a MS trackball haven't loaded any drivers for it just whatever vista installs on its own.

I've tried home prem, and Ultim.

Neither changed things. Whats really odd is I've tried this on a P5N32sli, 680i, and a
P5W DH Deluxe and with 2 diff 7600gt's and a 8800gts.

I've not tried a new mouse to see if that would help cause I didn't really think that could cause the problem. You think it could be with the Disk that Vista is on cause I've not tried any other disk than the one I have.

I found a fix to the problem, well actully someone found it for me, but any way if you are having trouble with the cursor in Vista gaming try this.

Add -compatiblecursors 1 to the end of your shortcut and it should solve your problem.

Back