Vista + cannot install driver for device

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
I'm not sure what happened. I think a program didn't install correctly when I first got my system built. I had some issues with my memory for some reason, but I had copied files to the new hard drive. They must not have copied correctly, and something I installed left me some problems.

Whenever I boot into Vista, I get the warning that a device could not be started properly. I hit OK, and then I get a prompt about installing the driver. I always click the option about not reminding me anymore, but it always does at startup.

I don't want to reinstall Vista, although it's an option I suppose. It just takes too long, and I already set up apps and Firefox, Thunderbird, and wallpapers and settings. I need the prompt to go away for good. The device is an illusion.

How can I figure out just what's causing the problem, and can I tweak my registry to make this all go away?

Check device manager for an unknown device or incorrect installed hardware, then get the hardware id, i bet google will find what device is based on that id

Back