Vista busy mouse donut stops animating sometimes

Galvin

2[H]4U
Not sure what causes it. But the blue donut when it appears it doesn't animate. Tried searching the web but couldn't find anything on it.

Using aero glass interface vista sp1

I had this problem, its simple, just go to your control panel/mouse/pointers tab, click on the "use default" button on bottom, apply.

I've experienced that problem too.

Setting "Use Default" switches it to the old non-animated icons, which doesn't really address the issue, other than the fact that non-animated icons can't stop animating. (It's a bit odd that "Use Default" selects the old icons, they're not actually the defaults in Vista.)

I've experienced that problem too.

Setting "Use Default" switches it to the old non-animated icons, which doesn't really address the issue, other than the fact that non-animated icons can't stop animating. (It's a bit odd that "Use Default" selects the old icons, they're not actually the defaults in Vista.)

hmm? When I select default it uses the vista scheme.

Did you recently run something that set the Windows Vista Basic graphics mode? Some older games don't support the Aero interface and turn it off - maybe that is getting stuck on, I'm pretty sure that basic mode turns off the animations.

Haven't had the problem today. I ran world of warcraft which didn't do anything to the mouse. So not sure how it stopped. There are still a few bugs I think in vista. Sometimes folder settings dont stick and random spots. And the mouse thing, figure just cosmetic bugs that MS has put on low priority to fix.

Found out what breaks the donut from animating. Crysis does. Run crysis then exit. Then the animated donut dont work anymore. Go into mouse pointers click OK fixes it.

World of Warcraft doesn't do this though. Maybe its a DX10 thing.

Back