Vista Business 64bit vs 32bit

Volume

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I've seen a few threads on 64 bit and 32 bit but I'd like to narrow it down to my use.

Through my school, I can get either the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista Business, and was wondering which would be best if I'm into gaming.

Is a 64-bit operating system still plagued by driver/game incompatibilities?

If you got a 64bit processor, there is absolutely no reason not to get a 64bit operating system to go with it, the most current up to date and well compatible operating system sporting 64bit is, Vista64.

Hey guys, I've seen a few threads on 64 bit and 32 bit but I'd like to narrow it down to my use.

Through my school, I can get either the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista Business, and was wondering which would be best if I'm into gaming.

i would get 64 bit. keep a copy of xp around, for programs that wont work with vista now (or ever), especially if you have to run programs from your school often. you will probably almost never boot it. most major games will work fine. the only real incomparability with modern hardware is with apples iphone because they are dicks.

In Vista for things to be WHQL certified they are required to be 64 and 32-bit compatible. This means that basically everything that will work on 32-bit works on 64-bit.

Business x64 here and I play a fair amount of games. I can say I've had no problems whatsoever with it.

That was only really the case for XP x64. From what I understand, for a game to have the "Games For Windows" tag, it must work on both platforms.

Back