Vista Buisness Upgrade Install... How to tell 32 or 64 bit?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
So I got Vista Business Upgrade Install and Currently own Both XP-64 Bit and XP Pro 32 Bit... But I want to do a clean install using the trick.. ok cool.

I installed Vista, and Selected Vista Buisness etc... Installed and its good to go... this DVD has both versions of the OS on it (32/64 bit)

But I didnt get an option on which one to install.... Infact, I dont even know which OS is installed now... ? Any help?

if you have a Program Files(x86) directory, you are running 64 bit. If not, you are running 32 bit. It should also say it under My Computer -> properties

ok So im running 32 bit...

How do I install 64 Bit? I didnt see an option for it anywhere

Unless I've been mislead, 32 and 64 bit are not on the same DVD. The only version that comes with both 32 and 64 bit in the same box is Ultimate retail, and that's on two seperate DVD's in the same package. All other versions are shipped 32 bit, be it upgrade, retail or OEM. If you want 64 bit, you have to order it from MS (it's free, you just pay shipping, $10.00, I think)

So, anyhow, if I'm wrong, somebody correct me, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

Unless I've been mislead, 32 and 64 bit are not on the same DVD. The only version that comes with both 32 and 64 bit in the same box is Ultimate retail, and that's on two seperate DVD's in the same package. All other versions are shipped 32 bit, be it upgrade, retail or OEM. If you want 64 bit, you have to order it from MS (it's free, you just pay shipping, $10.00, I think)

So, anyhow, if I'm wrong, somebody correct me, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

I will look into this...

If this is true, its good to go, I really dont want 64 bit right now, I just wanted to know what is going on

That's my understanding as well. My Ultimate Full package did indeed come with two separate DVD's.

Back