Vista build 5744 64edition

jokerx225

Limp Gawd
Hey im planing to reformat my computer and i just got my hands on the Vista Build 5744 and i wanted to kno would it be a smart idea to intall it as a primary OS and install all my programs on there, I game alot and right now something is wrong is with my computer my performance has went down so i guess its just that time to reformat. Will i be able to get drivers and do the things i can do on xp and way more or will there be problems and bumps since its only yhr beta? Also is the build 5744 the lastest release?

jokerx225 said:
Hey im planing to reformat my computer and i just got my hands on the Vista Build 5744 and i wanted to kno would it be a smart idea to intall it as a primary OS and install all my programs on there

No.

Edit.. It's beta, so no, that is not a good idea.

5744 isnt the latest, the latest is 6000 I believe and MS isnt giving it out free

As stated 5744 was the last general release for public trial....I'm running it now on a test box and it's still buggy. Maybe the retail versions being released in late January will be a close to flawless OS, but that usually takes a service pack or three to obtain that level of operation. In answer to your question, I wouldn't use 5744 as my primary system.

Back