Vista Booting Problem

Traze

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I've been having this problem for months, but I originally thought it was a conflict with Supreme Commander, but no more. Thought that because I wasn't getting this problem til I installed it last couple of OS installs. (Which was about first thing after drivers.)

I upgraded to a new system a few months ago, and I bought Vista with it.

Current setup:

Asus P5B Deluxe
4 GB OCZ Platinum Rv. 2 (4 1 GB sticks)
C2D 6420 @ stock (just installed a Tunix Tower last night, so not for long :D )
BFG GeForce 8800 GTS
X-Fi Xtreme Music
3 Seagate 500 GB 7200 RPM
External Hitachi 500GB eSATA

Dell 2407WFP
Microsoft Habu
Ideazon Gaming Board

Anyways, reinstalled Vista last night, and installed the Video, MB, RAID, Monitor drivers.
Still getting a problem where Vista feezes on initial boot after the system has been powered down. It freezes when the green loading bar is going for a bit, and my mouse, which has LEDs around the bottom, flashes off, then back on. The system Hard Locks, and I have to hit the reset button. Then when Vista starts to load, I get the F8 screen. I choose Start Windows Normally, and no problems.

I can restart all day long, but if I turn off the PC, and try booting again, same problem.

(Because of the mouses flashing, I thought it might be a driver problem with it. But I haven't installed the driver yet. Also, Sound card, keyboard are driverless, as far as manufacturer's drivers.)

Any ideas? Experienced the same thing? Please help. ^^

pull out 2 of the ram sticks, install all hotfixes and patches, reinstall ram.

Yeah, that would be the first thing I'd try. Certain random motherboards have trouble installing Vista with 4 GB of memory installed.

Hmm, ok, I will try that.

Only thing that makes me think it won't work, I just got the latest 2 sticks a week ago, so I have tried 2 times w/o them.

But I will see if i have any luck ^^

Back