vista Beta 2 licence key question

the lone gunman

Limp Gawd
so i had a look in microsoft.com yesterday and saw that you can download vista beta 2, or you can order it on a dvd. here in the uk it cost 10.50 which is about $20. However a friend of mine had vista beta 1, and now his licence key has "run out" basicly he cant go to his desktop untill he buys a new licence key for his beta 1!!!

so my question is, will this happen to me if i choose to buy vista beta 2 from microsoft? how long is the life on the licence key for beta 2? and, when prompted by beta 1 why would anyone choose to buy a new licence key for it??? what would the point be? ...non as far as i can see :confused:

The cost isn't for a key, there's no way to "buy" another key, beta OSes expire after a while. The cost is for the media and shipping, if you don't need the media, you can download the disk image and burn it onto a dvd.

All time limited demo\trials\betas have the expiration info listed, usually just before the download step:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Time-limited software
Windows Vista Beta 2 (and RC1) is time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.

Ahh, thanks for that guys. i only clicked on the "buy vista on dvd" bit, as i assumed i would have to pay for the download too. ;) its 3.23gig think ill give it a miss as its qoteing me 8 hours :eek:

Back