Vista B2 - NVIDIA and Creative Driver issues

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys.. I just installed Vista B2 and so far things are...well, not horrible. So that's a good thing. I have a few problems some of you may know the answer to.

Nvidia - I have a GeForce7900GTX and so far its running on the windows driver. However, I want to install my games, so I figure I need the latest Nvidia drivers. I chose their beta 2 driver..88.31 (I think?) made for Vista. Upon install it says it thinks I'm running another version of windows besides vista and quits. Any ideas?

Creative - My card is a SB Audigy 2 ZS. I manually downloaded the Vista drivers (made for beta1) from creative's site and I actually have sound now. As I expected, I didn't get any of the creative control panel crap I usually get for XP. Going through vista's sound manager, everything sounds fine as long as I keep it in Stereo, despite the fact I have a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra setup. If I do the speaker test for 5.1, all the audio comes out the front speakers- no rear or subwoofer. Sometimes it seems like the audio is crackling during the 5.1 test as well. Is there any way I can get 5.1 configured correctly? Can I use old XP versions of the control panel software? Or something entirely different. (I used to use the THX console to test and align my speakers in XP)

Thanks. I hope vista continues to work nicely and I'll be well on my way if these issues are resolved.

I was able to get the Creative speaker settings and device manager software to install on Vista. Just dl the xp versions of the software and install it. I haven't tested 5.1 yet since I don't have my speaker setup with me at the moment but the software seems to run fine on Vista.

rapperwith1p said:
I was able to get the Creative speaker settings and device manager software to install on Vista. Just dl the xp versions of the software and install it. I haven't tested 5.1 yet since I don't have my speaker setup with me at the moment but the software seems to run fine on Vista.

Where should I download them from? According to the downloads on creative's website, they are only for updates if you've already installed the software from disc. I already have the vista drivers installed, so I don't want to risk getting the XP drivers in there.

I just checked out the apps for t he audigy2 zs and you're right about the update thing. I was using a Live 24 bit and the software to configure for 5.1 speakers was on the site. I guess you'll have to find your cd and just install just the thx console.

im trying to install the nvidia vista drivers but its telling me im not running vista ? ...any help appreciated! :)

Ahh.. What's your configuration, Headbust? Maybe its an issue with a certain card or something?

Okay. Solution for the "This is not Vista, I won't install" issue

Reboot into Safe Mode and install drivers from there. Also, the NVidia control panel is listed under "additional options" in the control panel - you can't get to it from right clicking and going to advanced options.

Still no word about the Creative problem. Is there anyone out there with vista, an Audigy 2 ZS, and a 5.1 system?

hey guys. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this. Sometimes, when I boot into Vista, my HDD (a loud Raptor, SATA connected), spins up to maximum and stays there until I shut down. The HDD light is on continuously, even when the system is idling.

Any idea what causes this?

Back