Vista and nForce3 PATA RAID problems

Flapjack

2[H]4U
Hey everyone. I'm running an Epox EP-9NDA3J motherboard with the nForce3 chipset.

Vista x86 is installed on an 80GB SATA drive. The problem I'm having is with the two 200GB PATA drives I have in a RAID0 stripe. The BIOS sees the stripe. During boot, the array shows up as a "healthy" 400GB stripe. When I get into Vista, however, it shows under Disk Management as two separate 200GB drives, with only one initialized.

Under Device Manager, I show the SATA RAID controller, but no PATA RAID. The controllers that show up are "NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller" and "NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller".

I tried changing the Parallel ATA driver to a RAID driver, but no drivers I can find allow it.

Any ideas? I really need access to this stripe, but don't wanna reload XP....

Oh yeah, I'm also getting a "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" for my Radeon X850 XT Platinum. This is with the latest ATI Vista x86 drivers from their site.

Ok, I found some drivers that got the RAID stuff working... now I just need to get the video card up and running.

hello

what use driver for raid?

sorry i am french and i have an english poor

You check the MS site to see if that card is compatible with Vista?

Are the drivers?

Regardless of the drivers being the latest, the drivers may not be Vista compliant.

Check into that.

Back