Vista and my MX510

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
I just installed Vista Buisness Edition and I have a Logitech MX510 mouse. Well my right click button doesn't work anymore and in XP I just used the software that installs with the drivers to reassign the right click button to one of the buttons on the left hand side of the mouse. Well according to Logitechs site, Vista uses its own built in drivers set to operate the mouse. Great......well now I cant reassign my critical right click button and that is a much needed function. How do I go about doing this? I avoided buying a new mouse for 2 years now lol, I refuse to give in now :D

i have a 510 and it works fine with the built in driver. had it for at least 3 years it seems like lol. i have slammed it on my keyboard drawer and everything and the fucker still works. i'm gonna bet your's just kicked the bucket with that right click. you can do what i do and clean it out. poke holes where the screws are and open it up and see if something is messing the click up.

sorry to hijack this thread but does your program switch button work as well. i am having trouble getting that to work

no it doesn't actually. but at the same time i haven't really sat down to configure my mouse to see if i can actually use it.

I just opened up the mouse and cleaned it out. Still a no go. Everything is looking ok inside of it. I just think its a dead button. Is there any third party software that may be able to do this?

Back