• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vista and AMD CPU speed down

Timberwarp

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
72
I didn't know where to post so I thought I post here since its sort of related to the operating system.

I use to be able to run my vista ultimate x32 box to the point where Vista (or the powers to be) would spin down the processor if I wasn't running full load (IE web browsing). However, for the past couple of months I have not be able to see it spin down at all. It stays the constant 2.8ghz on my 5600x2 (if I turn off my overclock settings in the bios). Is there any setting/registry key in the OS (vista) that could have been turned off by accident?
 
What is your setting for Cool 'n' Quiet in the bios? If you are disabling that, it might explain the down clock
 
I have cool n quiet set in the bios as on. If I put everything on default (out of the box) on the motherboard, I still get the lack of 'spin down'.
 
The only thing burning CPU time is Firefox running and I have tested with Media Center running but the CPU speed doesn't change at all?
 
Back
Top