• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vista - Allowing startup programs

rgratto2

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
2,319
I recently setup rivatuner to start when windows boots, so as to allow for overclocking profiles and whatnot. Well, Every time i restart, windows defender pops up saying that it blocked some startup programs, yada yada yada. Thats all good and well, except that i have some other programs allowed at startup and that works just fine. If I go to the windows defender software explorer, rivatuner is found under a "Publisher not available" category, and its classification is "Not yet classified". Needless to say, I cant edit it to allow rivatuner to work in peace. What gives?
 
My apologies, I forgot to mention that I am running 32 bit vista. This solution unfortunately did not work. Any other ideas?
 
Have you tried playing around with the compatibilty tab when you right click and look at properties?
Run as Administrator or use xpsp2 compat mode?

 
Have you tried playing around with the compatibilty tab when you right click and look at properties?
Run as Administrator or use xpsp2 compat mode?

Good idea, ill give that a shot and post back when i get around to restarting.
 
If that does not work, set up Windows to start rivatuner as a task. I have several programs that I have this problem with. Set the program to NOT execute on startup. Then, go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Task Scheduler. Set up the appropriate task to start Riva. This method completely bypasses all the Windows Defender/UAC stuff. MS must figure that if you set up a program that way, you really do want to run the it.

If you need a primer on how to set up the task, let me know.
 
If that does not work, set up Windows to start rivatuner as a task. I have several programs that I have this problem with. Set the program to NOT execute on startup. Then, go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Task Scheduler. Set up the appropriate task to start Riva. This method completely bypasses all the Windows Defender/UAC stuff. MS must figure that if you set up a program that way, you really do want to run the it.

If you need a primer on how to set up the task, let me know.

That looks like it may be the good solution. However, I can't seem to turn off all of the boot options for rivatuner? There was one startup option with a /T argument, and one with the /S. I stopped the /T but can't find any option that is creating the /S. I saw that there were related threads about this on the guru3d forums, but am unable to find the freaking search function?
 
hmm. Been awhile since I have used Riva, so I can't help you there much. IIRC, there was simply an option to not run on startup, but I honestly cannot remember.
 
I just realized that i can disable it from msconfig...duh! Will post back to confirm that the tasks worked as desired.
 
It is glad to see someone that comes back and posts that it worked ;)
 
Back
Top