Vista Active X issues

cmetropo

n00b
My parents run a candle business on the web. One of their customers recently purchaseda new computer and it has Vista on it. Ever since the purchase she cannot make orders. Here is a dialogue between my father and the customer.

This is Doug. So glad to hear back from you. I appreciate it! I am not sure at all about the new Vista OS - Me neither - I am learning, I will look into it and see what I can find out - Thanks!. Can you tell me what part you can not get into ? - Your website comes up but on the task bar I have a notice telling me "To protect your security, your browser stopped this site from installing an ActiveX control on your computer. Click here for more details." So clicked on the task bar and another box popped up saying "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher. Name: www.greatcandle.com , publisher: unknown." Is it the shopp ing cart or the Whole website ? Once I click beyond all the warnings, I have your website on my screen but I cannot access the message board or click on the boxes to add items to the shopping cart. Is it at any particular point of ordering ? All pages have a white box with a red X beside the items inhibiting me from being able to click on it to add to the shopping cart or enter the message board. Like when I don't have a picture uploaded into the FTP program when I do my website changes. Can you view anything ? Yes, but cannot access message board or add items to the shopping shopping cart. Does it just stop and or does it give you an error message ? Error messages. I know these are alot of questions but it will be helpful while researching the problem Not a problem. I did notice on my old computer that once you re-did the shopping cart that I had a notice appearing on the screen when entering your site but I was still about to maneuver page to page so I ignored it. I don't know a lot about ActiveX controls - as to which ones I need to enable, disable or prompt in the security area of IE. Could this be the problem?

Anyone have any ideas on this? I have 0 experience working in Vista yet.

You know, a guy named Edison invented this thing called a lightbulb.... might be a solution :eek: :p :D

Just kidding. Did the taskbar warning give any option to manually allow the activeX install? Sounds like the customer maybe clicked past the point needed to force YES RUN IT and got locked into having banned your companies activeX allowed.

I have no idea how you get on MSofts "approved" list. Sounds like another antitrust violation, unlawful restraint of trade.

Prolly your only way to sort this out is buy Vista and work out HOW to acces youor own website, then put up info on your front page for Vista users.

Back