Vista: A False Sense of Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you here to bash Vista? Thats the second news article you've posted thats negative AND from some news site I've never heard of. If thats all you're doing, take your shit elsewhere. I'm seriously gettin tired of seeing threads that bash it or say it did something bad to their system. Did you know you don't have to install it? Its simple. You guys seem to think its gonna be fuckin perfect as soon as it comes out. It could be bug free and the most secure OS on the planet and it still wont be enough...sigh.

The common approach by enterprises and non-enthusiasts is to wait and see. Plus you never can tell what kind of vulnerabilites are in a new OS until its been out a few months or so. Because of this it is not unreasonable to give it time for the hacks to show up and a few patches to roll out and then see what the landscape looks like.

And this will be my only warning for this thread....if you bicker or start flaming each other its getting locked.

Are you here to bash Vista? Thats the second news article you've posted thats negative AND from some news site I've never heard of. If thats all you're doing, take your shit elsewhere. I'm seriously gettin tired of seeing threads that bash it or say it did something bad to their system. Did you know you don't have to install it? Its simple. You guys seem to think its gonna be fuckin perfect as soon as it comes out. It could be bug free and the most secure OS on the planet and it still wont be enough...sigh.

to be fair the BBC had a similar artical that slated MS's claim that Vista is the most secure OS ever... sure it might be the most secure Windows, but it is still nowhere near as secure as BSD...

I thought you posted that article with the Best Buy employees as a joke. I find it funnier that you're serious though.

wow. I think that someone forgot to take their medicine today. :p

seriously man... take it easy. this isn't something thats worth getting so worked up over. just because the OP doesn't like Vista it doesn't mean that he isn't entitled to expressing his opinion on a public chat room.

The common approach by enterprises and non-enthusiasts is to wait and see. Plus you never can tell what kind of vulnerabilites are in a new OS until its been out a few months or so. Because of this it is not unreasonable to give it time for the hacks to show up and a few patches to roll out and then see what the landscape looks like.

And this will be my only warning for this thread....if you bicker or start flaming each other its getting locked.

This is a good common sense approach and the one I'm taking. No sense getting worked up about it.

There are pros and cons to every choice.

I thought you posted that article with the Best Buy employees as a joke.
For some reason that is funny to me. BB employees as a punchline.

In all the years i've been going to BB (much less in the last few years, but i'm happy to take loss leaders off their hands whenever :D) I've only run into 1 competent employee in the computer department. I think they realized he knew too much and fired him. Good for him.

just because the OP doesn't like Vista it doesn't mean that he isn't entitled to expressing his opinion on a public chat room.

These words are well said. If you cannot communicate rationally and in an adult manner (or at least in a non-childish manner) then expect your posts to be edited, deleted, or if serious enough a vactation of one variety or another.

Just because someone says they don't want to upgrade to a new OS does not make them a troll.

That's not "exactly" what he said is it? I think its fine to express that you don't want the OS. I take exception when there is a clear agenda (notice the thread titles notice the obscure article links) and an agenda to spark controversy and deviceness in "hostile" territory. THAT is trollish and its quite obvious in this case.

regards

These security companies are hilarious. I'm not saying they don't have 'any' valid points. However when it affects their ability to sell software you have to worry about the validity of their claims. "You'd be better off running xp with one of our products installed". Yeah sure, whatever, you mean you'd be better off with my money in your pocket.

Grain of salt when anyone speaks to their own benefit.

wow. I think that someone forgot to take their medicine today. :p

seriously man... take it easy. this isn't something thats worth getting so worked up over. just because the OP doesn't like Vista it doesn't mean that he isn't entitled to expressing his opinion on a public chat room.
not medicine...sleep...lol. and i don't call posting a link and basically saying "discuss." expressing his opinion. if he wants to express his opinion fine. i could care less. but it seems to me he's trying to get a rise out of the rest of us by doing what he's doing. i seem to remember certain ppl posting the same way in the gaming forums. the names aren't around off the top of my head right now but it doesn't matter. the articles were usually negative about one system or another. seems to me he is doing the same thing regardless of how many articles he's posted. he got his reaction from me. not gonna happen again though.

to be fair the BBC had a similar artical that slated MS's claim that Vista is the most secure OS ever... sure it might be the most secure Windows, but it is still nowhere near as secure as BSD...

you sure they weren't referring to it as THEIR most secure OS ever? i highly doubt they'd make such a claim, cuz thats borderline sony quotes right there lol.

The bickering ends now.

I suggest the OP create a new thread and be a bit more detailed in explaining his reasoning as to why he feels its a good idea for holding off from upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back