Vista & 7950gx2, Will it ever work w/ both GPU's?

So yah, I've been reading that the 7950gx2, even with the latest drivers from nvidia, only uses 1 gpu in Vista. Will it ever be able to use both gpu's in vista? Is it a driver issue at this time or a Vista issue? Are there plans to release a driver that allows it to work as it should with both gpu's enabled? thanx ahead of time.

So yah, I've been reading that the 7950gx2, even with the latest drivers from nvidia, only uses 1 gpu in Vista. Will it ever be able to use both gpu's in vista? Is it a driver issue at this time or a Vista issue? Are there plans to release a driver that allows it to work as it should with both gpu's enabled? thanx ahead of time.
You can be sure it's pretty much a driver issue, as SLI boards are very prevelent now, and MS, I'm sure were aware that these boards would be in the market, even before Vista was out.Now that Vista has launched, I'd check in at the video card MFG website maybe 2 or 3 times a week for new/updated drivers.:D

hey bd, you frequent these boards just as much as pcper i see. thanx for the info
Been spending a LOT of time over at MS oem too, trying to get a few straight answers. A LOT of NEW forums are up and coming. Circuit City even started one.

cool, hopefully by the end of the day, or even week, we'll know some more about this oem/retail business.

Back