Vista 64bit install discs

Does anyone know where I can get a Vista business 64 bit install disc besides Microsoft or a place where I can download a legit image? I placed an order with them for a disc on Sept. 24th and it still has not arrived. After calling them several times I found out today that they are out of stock and it’s backordered for another 2 weeks. This is a complete load of crap that they have no discs at all. Stuff like this makes me think I would be better off to just pirate the crap. It can’t be that Vista is selling so well that they can’t keep up production of the discs, this is bullshit. They got my money for 3 32bit copies and now I to wait a month for a disc to finish the systems and use the crap.

Aside from borrowing one from a friend, no. This is asked quite often, and the same debate is started each time, about whether or not to download a disc image from a "less than legal" source. Personally, I think it is asking for trouble, because you never know what was added-in to that disc before you downloaded it. This is also why I have everyone I know who buys Vista x86, go immediately to Microsoft's website and get the x64 disc as well, just so they have it.

yeah, when you're dealing with something like an OS- you need to be SURE what you are downloading is not tainted. Be careful in your quest.

However, if you were to... say... google for the MD5 data of the 64-bit MSDN images.... you might.... ahem... have some data to help you verify the image you obtain.

Just be careful, and don't download some crappy bit torrent image that some script-kiddie tried to hack. (not that all pirates are script kiddies, but... you get the point)

That’s what I thought, but was hoping that someone knew of another source. I am also a little worried like you about getting an image off a torrent site for the same reasons. If I was going to download the image I had all ready planned to check MD5 data to hopefully get a good copy.

I ordered the disc from Microsoft the same day as I picked up the 3 copies of vista 32bit and expected it to get here the same time as the rest of the parts for the 3 systems. That didn’t happen so I’m stuck waiting. I find it hard to believe that Microsoft can’t keep up with disc production.

It's not the disc production. It's that you have to either buy the 32-bit or 64-bit discs individually. The time it takes to get to you from MS seems to take a while, sadly enough.

MS should just have it available for download, this nickle and diming crap is seriously getting to me ($13 for a disc shipped). You can go to the MSDM site get the hash (won't let you download it unless you a premium member) and use that to track down an image, but its still a 4GB download which is no fun.

It's not the disc production. It's that you have to either buy the 32-bit or 64-bit discs individually. The time it takes to get to you from MS seems to take a while, sadly enough.

It's not the shipping time that is the problem. Like I said above Microsoft claims that they are out of stock on the discs. They told me that they are backordered for at least the next 2 weeks while they wait for the new shipment to get in from production. Once they get them in I still have to wait the 7-10 days for shipping.:mad:

I'm not saying I advocate the following, but I am saying it will solve your problem:

step 1. best buy
step 2. buy computer with vista 64 included, which also means a 64bit dvd of vista is included
step 3. copy said dvd
step 4. return computer
step 5. install Visat64 with YOUR legitimate serial key, not the one included with the computer.
step 6. profit.

I'm not saying I advocate the following, but I am saying it will solve your problem:

step 1. best buy
step 2. buy computer with vista 64 included, which also means a 64bit dvd of vista is included
step 3. copy said dvd
step 4. return computer
step 5. install Visat64 with YOUR legitimate serial key, not the one included with the computer.
step 6. profit.

OMG, you are as bad as a friend who has done far worst.

i don't believe this is always true.

Back