vista 64 user switching

Stoner51

n00b
I have this issue with vista home premium 64. When I switch from user to user my screen resolution changes. I have it set to 1650x1050. When I switch users it sets to 800x600. and then it won't change until I restart. The first user I login as can view 1650x1050 after switching it is 800x600 for either user. Not sure where the problem is
specs P5e-vm hdmi, q6600, 4gb gskill, asus 3850, 640wd, antec EW500, mini p180, samsung 205bw.
I have all the vista updates installed, Usins a trial of kapersky Inernet securities.
If you don't ever switch you have no problems.
I have reinstalled the ati driver, tried CCC 8.8, 8.7. Tried no CCC.
I am out ideas and looking for help
thanks in advance
steve

I don't have any problem with this but I can say that when you goto the login screen you're on a "secure desktop" so maybe you can change the resolution of that somehow..

So it's staying at 800x600 when the other user logs in? Keep in mind each user has unique settings for their desktop.

it won't change from 800x600 that is all I get till I restart. my workaround is to use one login not two for now.

Do you always log in with the same one of those user accounts first, and then experience the problem after you switch to the other?

i.e. If you log in at startup using Account "A" and the switch to Account "B", does the same thing happen if you log in at startup using Account "B" and then switch to Account "A"?

I have this same problem, but it's intermittent. I'm on Vista x86 and have an Nvidia card. Usually I can fix it by:

Log everyone out
Log one user back in
Reset resolution

But eventually that stops working too and I have to reboot. Same thing happens on multiple PCs I have.

Back