Vista 64 taking Long Time to Boot

solaris54

2[H]4U
Just recently Vista 64 has started taking really long to boot. This morning it took 10 minutes. Once it boots everything seems normal. This just started over the past week or so. I notice there have been a couple of Microsoft updates recently and Im wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just recently Vista 64 has started taking really long to boot. This morning it took 10 minutes. Once it boots everything seems normal. This just started over the past week or so. I notice there have been a couple of Microsoft updates recently and Im wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas?
I encountered this, as well as other people I know. It seems that after a few months (about a year for me), Vista just decides to take 5x longer to boot then before. When I encountered this, I did a system restore and it fixed it for a day then it went back to it's old ways. I've never found a solution to this except to reinstall the OS.

What you can do to see if it's something else is check out the event logs by right clicking Computer->Manage->Event Viewer. Check the Applications and Service Logs->Microsoft->Windows->Diagnostic-Performance and see if something is taking longer to boot than normal.

Back